Wednesday 9 April 2008

Fat Bastard

My nom-de-plume was not randomly assigned. It accurately reflects some of my physical characteristics. I've decided that I've been living the good life a bit too much recently. Whilst this is nigh impossible on a nurse's salary, those bits of batter at the chippy are often given away free if you stare longingly at them for long enough.
My expanding waistline is a painful reminder of this. To this end I'm going to make a concerted effort to lose some weight in the next three months. I've posted a meter on the the blog so that I can track my de-lardification.
The bastard of it is. I've just been delivered a case of rather nice Red, still I suppose it will keep until Christmas.

2 comments:

GrumpyRN said...

Good luck to you, but you can still have the odd glass of red. Just to give you a bit of encouragement, think back to when you worked in A&E, what was the common factor of the patients with chest pain, MI and CVA as their diagnosis, myself included? Yes you've got it in one - no stranger to a fish supper. All the best and I will watch with interest.

TotallyUn-Pc said...

just don't go all Atkins on us!!!